Thursday, December 10, 2009

I feel like running, but life is on a stroll.

Don Miller says this is how God does things.

I've been bad about writing lately, because things are changing. And it's good.

I moved & I'm decorating and unpacking and organizing and remembering how much I love my pots & pans. I totally do, I'm not even ashamed to say it out loud.

Here are a few pictures from the weekend I moved in. (Clearly, I don't edit my pictures, but whatever, I've been busy painting walls.) Nothing is really close to being "complete," though I am of the opinion that decorating is a process that you never really finish. It's always changing. Like life. Maybe that's why I like it so much.


Here's the living room (but mostly a bunch of crap), which I have dubbed "The Christmas Vacation Project." Still figuring out the plan for in here. And yes, I think that rug looks like something someone's grandma picked out when she painted her walls the color of Pepto Bismol. (Nausea, heartburn, indigestion...!) Shhhhhh! Don't tell my roommates!
This is a little glimpse of my room, much of which I've already changed. But, wow, do I love it. I painted one wall deep purple; the other three are a very warm gray and it's just gorgeous. Still lots of work to do, but it's beginning to feel rather like home.



I took this one with my phone, so please forgive the grain, but this is my favorite achievement so far. Bookshelf numero uno. Ahhhhhh! It's like taking a deep breath.

This is not the pace I wanted for this part of my journey, but I'm beginning to enjoy the stroll.

post signature

No comments: