Monday, December 21, 2009

Dreaming of white


This past weekend, parts of the South saw some glorious snowfall. It's been a long time since I've seen that kind of snow here-- it was my 11th birthday, in fact. The blankets of white made me miss Colorado & made me rest.

I am part of a new-ish church that meets in a bar every week, but because of the snow, our corporate gathering was cancelled yesterday. One of the pastors, however, wrote a really incredible blog post called "You Can't Cancel Church."

Gene wrote: What if it weren’t up to us to change the world? What if it weren’t up to you to fix everything? What if it weren’t up to you to live up to expectations?

That last bit makes my heart dance a little. Go read it. Trust me.

*That picture is the town where I lived in Colorado. It snowed here, but not that much.

post signature

No comments: