Monday, October 5, 2009

Boom Boom Pow

I think I come up with some of my best stories in airports. I see people and then I start writing sentences about them in my head, and then I switch the words around to make them sound more entertaining. I am in an airport now, sitting here in my bubble, surrounded by people and conversations.

There is a man who went through security behind me. I didn’t see him until I sat down here at the gate, but I heard him. I heard his voice wave over me, above me, booming to the TSA rep who was very small and studying the large man’s identification. It was a voice so large I should have felt fear, but I found myself smiling at its strength.

I wonder if that’s what it will feel like when God speaks to us in heaven. Will his voice boom out over our heads, with the reverberations flowing around us so that we feel ourselves smiling and feel ourselves safe?


post signature

1 comment:

ragamuffinpc said...

YES! I also love creating back stories for people I see in my day to day. You have inspired me to go back to my blog archives to find an entire entry based on one of these back stories. Check it out...

http://bit.ly/18mkQ