Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Wednesday Letters: Dear February 3rd

Dear February 3rd,

I started a totally different Wednesday Letter to Taylor Swift and it did not go the way I planned. Besides the fact that it wasn't really good writing, it really had nothing to do with Taylor Swift and everything to do with the way I am thinking about love these days.

Somewhere between moving to Colorado and coming back to the South and creating a totally different life than the one I had been imagining for the past seven years, I grew up. And I've realized something about this growing up-- it changes the way you want love to play out in your life. For years, I thought I would be married and having kids by now. But I'm not. (Still want that though; let's be real here.)

But love is showing up in my life. Love is playing out in relationships I never expected, none of which have anything to do with dating. Friendship and family are the name of my game lately and there is such depth to be found there.

It snowed on Friday, it snowed A LOT, and it doesn't do that here much. I feel like my words are very uninspired today, so let me show you what I did this weekend, in pictures (taken with a cell phone, so don't hate on the quality).



I went to the store to check out the milk & bread situation, like any good Southern girl. I bought neither.

I baked & created a huge mess, but also satisfied some bellies.

I called the best gentlemen I know to jump my roommate's car...


...and shovel mine out. Manly they are!

I co-built a fort for snowball fight domination.

We tore that field UP. This was a snowball fight break.

Miss MP built a little fort/alien.

This man is a snowball throwing KING. It's because he's 50% Asian.

Or something.

These are grown-ass men. :)


FUN, I tell you!


post signature

No comments: