Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Nothing whatsoever

I'm having a day. You know, one of those days? I wrote to a friend not even three days ago that I was pleasantly surprised how happy I have been these past months. And today, the shit came down. Well, yesterday, today and a few randomly interspersed days before that. I need a vacation.

Because honestly?

I'm disappointed in people today. I'm bummed out and I feel badly about myself because I'm not being validated by the people I want to validate me.

And I can't snap out of it. That's the worst part. I know that the validation I require should not be coming from my work, or my friends, my family, or any source but Christ. But I live in this space of mind that craves more than the knowledge of grace. Why? I don't fully understand grace.

I was reminded today that Jesus is not impressed by me, and I'm really relieved by that because what am I capable of that might impress the Savior of the world?

HELLO! Not a lot. Actually, nothing whatsoever, as it happens.

No comments: