Sunday, November 8, 2009

That place made for heaven

I know that it's just, I'm tired and I'm sick, and I'm tired of being sick. But it's also that it's nearly the holidays, and where is my life going? And why can't I set out and do something big and bold and adventerous, right now? Why can't I leave this place and come back changed? Is it because I did that already? I don't regret it, but there were mistakes in there. There were, if I'm telling you the truth. And I'm not sorry that I loved him, but I wish it hadn't made me so blind. And maybe I am sorry that I ended things badly with the one who came first, because I think I will keep looking until I find another one who is like him, but more for me.

I want to live a better story. I want the words on my pages to count for more than days gone past. Do you ever imagine observing your own life as if it were a movie? I always want to be laughing in those captured moments, but I wonder how often I am laughing in the real ones. My life is rich in friendships and in a certain kind of love there, and I am ever grateful. But I am afraid I will always feel this empty place. I am afraid that my longing for a deeper life is that place in me that was made for heaven and I'm afraid of how long it might be until it isn't empty anymore. What's more, I think I am afraid of not trying to filling it well; and by that I mean, this broken world is filled with its own beauty and I fear missing that for feeling the emptiness too much.

post signature

2 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

How did you read my mind? Your words have captured my thoughts of the last week. Gurrrrl. You are good. And clearly, you need to drink Nyquil more often.

Wait.

Let's not go that route of writing inspiration, after all :)

Anonymous said...

The emptiness tells of who you are, not who or what you're missing - beautifully blank pages, if you will.
No feeling, emotion or experience surpasses the truth that the God of the universe had something in mind that he never has had or will have again when He created you. It's the undeniably divine mesh of His creation of you interacting with all of His creation that stirs within you and shows up on these pages. An unmistakeably unique role you play, but it's His story.
To feel deeply in Him, to long for prayerfully with Him, to desire desperately from Him: all proof that God is alive in you and you are responding. My belief is that He will blow you away with His perfect plan for you (Jer 29:11+). My prayer for you in the interim is a deeper trust, with an overflow of God's little love surprises/reminders throughout your days (Eph 1:17+).