Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Best Friend's Wedding


This girl has been my best friend since we were fourteen. We played basketball together, went to parties together, shopped for prom dresses together, skipped school together, roomed together in college and have supported and loved one another through a whole lot of shit. And that makes me smile.

Tomorrow Lindsey will marry Cade in a beautiful old church, in a gorgeous white dress, in a wedding ceremony we have been dreaming about since the day we discovered Tacori diamond ring advertisements. And I will stand beside her, holding her bouqet, and I will cry for the love and the joy and thank God that she has found this man to journey with through life.

And so our lives enter another season and we feel the changing world and all its surprises.

Be blessed, dear friend. Oh, be so richly blessed.

I love you, flooz.

post signature

1 comment:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

I can't wait to hear ALL about it on Tuesday. She's lucky to have a friend like you standing by her on this special day!!