Tuesday, July 21, 2009

8:30 to 5 o'clock

I have some lofty ambitions.

Tonight at 5 o'clock, I took my sexy red briefcase out from beneath my desk, un-docked my laptop from its port, and carefully placed the wonder of technology next to my neatly labeled "volunteer" binder inside the briefcase. "I will work from home!" I told myself.

But do you know what I found when I sat down at my dining room table, spreading my work out around me at 9:47 pm?

I found some new blogs to read, this beautiful new blouse that will look completely fabulous with or without a suit jacket (JACKPOT!), and my new favorite youtube video was there to watch yet again (I blame you, Joe Jones.)



No, I did not do any work post-5 o'clock.

Yes I said sexy briefcase.


post signature

2 comments:

Leslie Ruth Petree said...

Jesus wasn't a Power Ranger, you know.

Duh.

Marc said...

I don't understand,I never have any trouble staying on task in my home office...