Saturday, December 27, 2008

Growth

I read past posts, even from a few months ago, and I realize I have grown. Or at the very least, changed. My opinions are more developed, my thoughts more advanced.

I have always been one to keep a journal because I know my thoughts become more clear when I write them out. But more, I love to go back and read my words months and years later to see where God has brought me. I amuse myself, in retrospect. The seeming immaturity of thought just one or two years ago gives me great hope for who I will become.

Other times, I am reminded of the passion and drive I had to pursue dreams that are still in my heart and that could very well become realities if I'll buckle down and get going. I don't want to regret things in life because I'm afraid to do them. I would much prefer to DO something and regret that than to avoid doing something and regret my lack of action.

To live and to love will always be dangerous
But it's better than playing it safe. ---Kendall Payne

No comments: