Monday, July 19, 2010

Complacency has replaced gusto...

That's what my friend Sarah said and feels, and wants to change.

So she's doing something that could be deemed radical, is definitely challenging, perhaps a little dangerous.

But rewarding?

Oh, yes.

Shane Claiborne's non-profit, The Simple Way, made a list called 50 Ways to Become the Answer to Our Prayers. Sarah is going to spend the next year doing one thing from the list per week. This week, she's eating only a bowl of rice per day.

Sarah is blogging about this adventure, and I do believe you should check it out.

You'll be challenged.

1 comment:

Aaron E. Elmore said...

Hi Hope! Long time no see. Thanks for sharing this. I think I will have to post the list on my blog and some links to Simple Way. I love what this ministry is doing and encouraging.