Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fantasy

I was talking with a friend today about work. We, um... how shall I say this...? We think there's a bit more to life than just making money. She was telling me about her fantasy of living and working at the beach-- a place that never fails to soothe her soul. She had only elaborated a little bit before I said, "Are you kidding me? I fantasize about various life situations more often than not." She laughed but...

My Fantasy Lives:

1. Live someplace new and write my first book

2. Marry someone who becomes the President and become a Jackie O-esqe style icon

3. Live at the beach and own a restaurant

4. Own/run a vineyard

5. Learn to play golf and suddenly find myself on the LPGA tour (I do actually own golf clubs, but have yet to put them to use)

6. Become a host on The Today Show

7. Become an editor at a well-respected publishing house (which would pay more than editing this, which I do sometimes)

8. Flip & decorate old houses

9. Travel the world and write about it all along the way

10. Marry my best friend, do all of the above, have babies and grow contentedly old

11. Have this blog redesigned monthly. (This could happen this month if I win this contest!)










12. And really anything other than sitting at a desk all day (various scenarios tend to play out based on daily situations)

The question becomes: what's stopping me?





post signature

No comments: