Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Birthdays


My birthday was this week and it was markedly different from last year's celebration.


Last year on my birthday...


...I rode through the Rockies

And this year on my birthday...


...I danced in a dress

I know I talk a lot about the year I lived in Colorado, but it's because it was such a pivotal time for me. I hope I'm wrong, but it's realistic to assume that there probably won't be any other time in my life in which my only real responsibility is to seek understanding and purpose and my own heart. Life will inevitably happen in a way that will prevent that solitary pursuit. And that's okay, because it should.

All I mean to say is, having a season of discovery was important to me. It taught me that I am always learning, growing, changing. And that is right. So I will always be discovering my own heart as it continues to be molded, and to grow.

No comments: